Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What is Poetry?

Emily Dickinson said, "If I read a book and it makes my body so cold no fire ever can warm me, I know that is poetry;"

 Poetry is the chiseled marble of language; it's a paint-spattered canvas. It is economy of language. Poetry is a responsible attempt to understand the world in human terms through literary composition. Poems are an act of discovery, and require immense effort  to write and to be understood. You will probably write yourself through many enthusiasms and styles. And because your experience of the world will be shaped by your literary efforts, your conceptions of poetry will change as you develop a voice commensurate with your vision.

I am a poet and I love reading and giving comments on others poetry. I want all poetry lovers and writers to join me in the way of supporting new poets and their work. I hope to hear soon from all of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment